The 2017/18 awards banquet was held Thursday April 26 at the Masonic Memorial Centre.
- Graduating player #20 Harley Hussey was honoured for his service to the team
- MVP awarded to #1 Mario Fiorentino
- Most improved player awarded to #2 Blake Borton
- Rookie of the Year awarded to #22 Jared Bucci
- Earl Cook Memorial award for hardest working player awarded to #25 Evan Grierson
- President’s Memorial Award In memory of William (Billy) MacGregor for unsung hero awarded to #8 David MacDonald
- Anthony McLaughlin Memorial Scholarship ($2000) awarded to #3 Dylan Moll
- Additional $500 scholarships awarded to:
- #6 Eric Lecuyer
- #30 Luke Zacharias
- #22 Jared Bucci
- #8 David MacDonald
We are pleased to announce the hiring of Neil Dawson as the head coach. Neil had spent previous 2 seasons as an assistant coach on the Twins bench. Neil brings along assistants Marc Boulanger & Zach Heisinger for the 2018/19 season.
Neil grew up in Crescentwood and graduated from Kelvin High School. He played AA for the Fort Garry Twins before moving on to the AAA Monarch program. Neil played in the MJHL with the Winnipeg South Blues and Selkirk Steelers from 2000-2004. In 2001, he was named to the MJHL All Star Team. Neil was previously an assistant coach with Kelvin High School and the AA Minor Peewee Twins.
Marc returns to the bench after rejoining the team last season as the video coach. Marc was the head coach for the last Twins championship seasons in 1998/1999 & 1999/2000.
Zach returns to the organization as an assistant coach after suiting up on the ice for the Twins 2015-2016. Zach was an assistant coach for the Vincent Massey Trojans of the Winnipeg High School Hockey League in 2017/18.