We are pleased to announce the hiring of 2 assistant coaches for the 2019/20 season to join head coach, Neil Dawson's staff
Michael is a Winnipegger, having played his minor hockey in the St. James system before playing high school hockey with St. John's Ravenscourt. He subsequently played Jr A in the MJHL & NCAA Div II. Michael coached at the AA level with the Pembina Trail Twins, AAA with the Winnipeg Monarchs & Senior A with the St. Malo Warriors. In 2011/12, Michael joined the MMJHL Twins staff, led the team to the league finals & was awarded the MMJHL Nick Hill Trophy (Coach of the Year). Michael returns to the Twins with his small family in tow; wife Kelsey, boys Caleb & Justice and one more on the way in September.
Jamie began his coaching career in 1998 at the community club level in the St. James & Assiniboine Park hockey associations. He then moved on to seasons with the APHA AA Rangers and various AAA teams in the Hockey Winnipeg system. One season was spent as an assistant coach with the Swan Valley Stampeders (MJHL) and another with the Interlake Lightning AAA midget. Most recently, Jamie was the General Manager and Head Coach with the OCN Blizzard of the MJHL.
Welcome to the Twins family, guys.
The MMJHL Twins will be holding a skills camp for male & female players. Birth Years 2011-2012.
- 4 ice times. 2 ice times Sept 6-8 2019 weekend. 2 ice times Sept 13-15 2019 weekend.
- Players will receive a Twins jersey as part of their participation package prior to their first ice time.
- All ice times will be 60 minutes & will be held at Century Arena.
- Ice times will be supervised by players or representatives of the Fort Garry/Fort Rouge Twins of the Manitoba Major Junior Hockey League (MMJHL)
The Fort Garry/Fort Rouge Twins of the Manitoba Major Junior Hockey League (MMJHL) are recruiting an athletic trainer for the upcoming 2019/20 season. Attendance required for all team practices and games. Season starts early September and ends March/April. Typical week would include 2 practices and 2 games. Duties are to provide first aid to players, athletic taping, assessing injuries, monitoring rehab, assisting in booking physio appointments and regular reporting to the head coach. Honorarium provided.
The 2018/19 awards banquet was held Wednesday April 24 at the Masonic Memorial Centre.
- Graduating players were honoured for their service to the team
- #3 Michael Main
- #15 Zach Odwak
- #17 Tyler Slobogian
- #27 David MacDonald
- MVP awarded to #17 Tyler Slobogian
- Most improved player awarded to #17 Tyler Slobogian
- Rookie of the Year awarded to #16 Seth Nicholls
- Earl Cook Memorial award for hardest working player awarded to #16 Seth Nicholls
- President’s Memorial Award In memory of William (Billy) MacGregor for unsung hero awarded to #13 Ben Orris
- Ironman Award presented to players that dressed for all games during the season & playoffs
- #23 Blake Borton
- #13 Ben Orris
- #16 Seth Nicholls
- #22 Dylan Moll
- Anthony McLaughlin Memorial Scholarship ($2000) awarded to #16 Seth Nicholls
- Additional $500 scholarships awarded to:
- #15 Evan Grierson
- #33 Zac Bannatyne
- #24 Riley Duma
- #6 Alex Fillion
2018/19 Graduating Class
Mike Ashley, Doug Stephen, Michael Main, Zach Odwak, Tyler Slobogian, Gord Southall, Kim Orris, David MacDonald (not pictured)